Looking For a Talented, Hard-Working Writer?
I’m currently seeking an agent and a publisher for my travelogue. Set mainly in the steamy jungles of Costa Rica, it’s a cross between Peter Mayle’s A Year in Provence and Gerald Durrell’s My Family and Other Animals, with a Latino twist.
Check out the first 900 words here but please note, I’ve adapted this excerpt to make it easier to read online by breaking the text down into small sections and adding headings and sub-headings. If you’d like to see the full, unabridged manuscript just email me. But hurry up dear agent, please don’t miss out on the hottest travel story of the noughties, it’s first come, first served!
I’ve also written a 65,000 word fiction manuscript, To Truly Travel, about a privileged young man who’s challenged to travel round the world by his father. I’m currently finalising it ready to send out to literary agents and publishers in August or September.
My Essential Writer Skills
- Experience in many types of writing;
- Extensive knowledge of my writing field, travel;
- Committed and determined to succeed;
- Plenty of ideas: see this blog;
- Open to criticism;
- Online marketing expertise, happy to promote my books offline too;
- A proven readership, see comments about my writing.
My Three Favourite Blog Posts
- If I Were A Geek, Just For A Day
- Live Your Dream In A Material World
- Daylight Robbery, Little Cove, Noosa
To Read My Manuscripts
Please email me at annabelcandy at gmail dot com. I look forward to hearing from you.